Carter Morse & Goodrich is seeking to hire an Analyst-level professional for our expanding team.
The position is structured initially as a 10-week paid internship with the expectation of full-time employment thereafter.
Initial responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following, and are subject to change on an as-needed basis.
1. Provide assistance with engagements to senior bankers, including:
a. Conducting industry and company-specific due diligence related to transactions
b. Researching and organizing buyer lists
c. Populating and managing client data rooms
d. Managing and assisting in the preparation of financial models and business valuations
e. Analyzing a prospect’s financial statements and conducting accounting due diligence
f. Creating client marketing presentations
2. Manage marketing projects
a. Managing customer relationship management (CRM) database
b. Updating and maintaining marketing materials: blog posts, LinkedIn, company newsletter
c. Updating and maintaining marketing templates
d. Utilizing acquired knowledge to design new PowerPoint and Excel templates
3. Assist with new business development, including:
a. Assisting in preparation of new business presentations
b. Performing initial market-based valuations including public company research, M&A transactions and discounted cash flows
We hire personable, intelligent team players who exhibit professionalism and exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
· The ideal candidate should be a post-undergraduate individual (0-2 years of prior full-time experience), with summer or part-time experience in finance or a related field preferable but not required.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· Knowledge of general accounting and finance principles
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Advanced oral and written communication skills
· Exceptional problem solving
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Highest standards of integrity
· Positive attitude
· Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
· Highly motivated / self-starter / takes ownership of their work & the project
· High emotional intelligence
· Strong preference for an accounting, finance or economics major
· Superior academic achievement
Competitive and commensurate with individual’s experience. Standard vacation and personal days policy. Eligible to participate in the firm’s benefits programs, including healthcare, pension, and 401K plans.