Carter Morse & Mathias announced that Dan Leff and Marc Litvinoff have joined its Advisory Board, which consists of prominent business professionals from industries that are important to CMM's mission and clients.
Dan Leff has extensive operating experience building, leading and restructuring global energy services businesses. Dan currently serves as executive chairman of the board of Viridity Energy, an energy markets software and technology company. Previously, Dan served as CEO of Hara Software, a global energy and sustainability enterprise software company, and was an Advisory Partner at Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
Formerly, Dan served at Invensys plc, a £7 billion worldwide manufacturing and services company, where he co-led a turnaround as co-COO and as COO of the Energy Management Division. Prior to joining Invensys, Dan was selected to be chairman and CEO of Enron Energy Services (EES) by the creditor-appointed management team to help lead the parent corporation following its 2001 bankruptcy filing. Earlier, Dan was COO of EES and also led the restructuring of the parent company's international power plant and pipeline engineering and construction business. Dan an holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Union College in Schenectady, New York.
Marc Litvinoff is Managing Partner of Global Strategy Group, a public affairs and research firm specializing in research, strategic communications, digital strategy, grassroots and grasstops organizing, marketing and branding. Previously, Marc served as CEO of ORC International, a global market research firm. In July 2011, he led a successful management buyout of ORC from Infogroup in partnership with Lake Capital.
Marc has also served as CEO of Guideline, a business and market research company, and led the sale of the company to Infogroup in August 2007. Marc had a distinguished career with Gartner Inc. where he was Senior Vice President of the Technology Provider Group and Worldwide Director for Dataquest Research Operations. Of particular relevance to CMM clients is his role in directing Gartner's research to small and medium-sized organizations and the higher education marketplace. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Banking, Finance, and Investments from Hofstra University, New York.
Other current members of the CMM Advisory Board include:
- Stephen Bloch, a General Partner in the Healthcare Group of Canaan Partners, a premier global venture capital firm.
- Susan Davis, a nationally recognized healthcare executive and President and Chief Executive Officer of St. Vincent's Health Services, a member of Ascension Health.
- Eugene M. Dunkin, Jr., President of Thompson Brands and a highly respected consumer packaged goods executive and former President of Godiva North America.
- Lee Greenhouse, founder and CEO of Greenhouse Associates, a Chicago-based strategic consulting firm serving clients in publishing, media and online information services.
- Alan Mendelson, co-founder and Managing Director of Axiom Venture Partners, a venture capital firm focused on the communications, biotechnology and IT.
- Jim Perakis, founder and CEO of Hyperion Software Corporation before its sale to Oracle and who currently serves as board director and investor to software companies.
Frank Morse, Managing Director of Carter Morse & Mathias, commented, "We are delighted and honored to have Dan and Marc join our Advisory Board. Energy services and marketing services have been and continue to be important parts of our practice, and bringing these two highly accomplished executives into the CMM family adds greatly to our ability to service our clients."
About Carter Morse & Mathias:
Founded in 1987, Carter Morse & Mathias based in Southport, Connecticut, is a full service investment-banking boutique that provides the highest quality corporate finance advisory services to outstanding closely-held entrepreneurial and middle-market companies. CMM provides a full range of investment banking services, including sell-side advisory, raising capital, buy-side advisory, and valuation services. CMM is also a charter member of AICA, an international network of M&A professionals in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. CMM's Broker/Dealer affiliate, Carter Capital Corporation, is a FINRA member firm registered with the SEC and SIPC. For more than 25 years, CMM professionals have helped hundreds of business owners to conceive, initiate, structure and close M&A and financing transactions.