December 23, 2021
Carter Morse & Goodrich is finishing another record year and is seeking to expand its investment banking team with the addition of a Vice President-level hire in our Southport CT office. Given our focus on mergers and acquisition advisory for family-held and founder-led businesses, we are seeking a truly unique person that can balance the technical skills of Wall Street investment banking with the client-centric service mentality needed to manage the personal relationships we develop with each of our clients.
Experience has shown that the best candidates come from referrals within our network, so we are reaching out directly to friends of the firm for your help.
As is always the case, the most important attribute of a successful candidate is a strong cultural fit with the team. We are seeking those with the following prerequisite characteristics:
- Insatiable Curiosity – continuous learning and improvement
- Integrity – highest ethics; do the right thing always
- Client Focus – our clients’ objectives are our objectives
- Commitment to Excellence – there are no shortcuts to doing the job right
- Team Player – we deliver as a team
- Strong Work Ethic – go the extra yard, roll up our sleeves and own it
- Authenticity – down to earth personality
- High Emotional Intelligence – can relate to people on both a professional and personal level
- 5-10 years of experience in M&A / private equity or related fields of accounting, finance, transaction services and commercial lending
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under pressure
- Coordinating and working with senior bankers through all facets of an M&A transaction
- Preparing marketing materials to support both client engagement and business development activities
- Managing the preparation of financial models and business valuations
- Analyzing a prospect’s financial statements and conducting accounting due diligence
- Conducting industry and company-specific due diligence
- Leading calls with client management teams and investor counterparties
- Facilitating diligence activities with third-party partners (e.g. accountants, attorneys, strategy consultants)
- Managing and mentoring junior bankers
CMG’s unique culture offers an excellent career opportunity for those who value the following:
- Steep learning curve via hands-on experience
- Direct collaboration with Managing Directors
- Opportunity to take on more responsibility earlier in one’s career
- Ability to make a huge impact on the lives of our clients
- Enjoy a better work/life balance – we work hard but family comes first
- Opportunity to get involved in our local community
Additional details of the role can be found on CMG’s website: https://www.cartermorse.com.
If you are aware of qualified individuals that you believe would fit with our firm, please have them send their credentials directly to Chris Reenock at email@example.com.
Thank you for your help in filling this important role at Carter Morse & Goodrich.